Veena Chandrakar, M.D
MD, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology
Before pursuing her Medical Degree, Dr. Chandrakar earned a B. S. – Magna Cum Laude – in Biology and English Literature from Houston Baptist University. While serving her Fellowship at Georgetown University Hospital, she participated in advanced colorectal and lung cancer research, helped to develop several protocols for the treatment of colorectal cancer, as well as evaluating the treatment side effects. Dr. Chandrakar published several reports on breast cancer topics. Earlier in her career, she was involved in a research project to evaluate cholesterol levels in Hispanic children and their family members. Dr. Chandrakar is member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, a member of the American Medical Association, and the Network of South Asian Professionals. Dr. Chandrakar loves to write poetry, travel and spend time with friends. Her interests include multiculturalism, traveling and fashion. She is the author of “The Battle, A Break in the Clouds”, National Library of Poetry, 1993.
- Medical Degree: St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada, West Indies.
- Internship: Internal Medicine, New York – Cornell Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, New York.
- Residency: Internal Medicine, New York – Cornell Methodist University Hospital, Brooklyn, New York.
- Internal Medicine: MCP-Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Fellowship: Hematology and Oncology, Georgetown, University Hospital, Washington, D.C., Lombardi Cancer Center.
- Board Certified: Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology.